Friday, September 12, 2014

DIFFERENTIATED SPELLING LISTS

I have finished correcting all student spelling inventories and am ready to begin differentiated spelling lists.  These lists will allow students to study meaningful words at their current ability level. I will reevaluate lists at benchmark time in the winter (early January).  I will be uploading all lists on my classroom spelling city page:
http://www.spellingcity.com/loristeinbrink/

They are not uploaded yet, but I hope to do that over the weekend.
My plan is to assess spelling every Friday. New lists will be posted each weekend before that. Students will have some opportunity to be practicing their words in class during Daily 5-Word Work stations 2-3 times per week.

Please do not compare your children to other children according to their lists or ask them who is on lists other than their own. These lists are a perfect fit for each child in them and in order to guarantee that all make growth, this is my way of making that true!

Just as each child should read a book that is a 'good fit' for them, their word practice should be at that level as well! :)

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment