Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Meet Mrs. Steinbrink


Thank you so much for visiting my classroom blog and being involved in your child's learning! I believe that by communicating openly between home and school, and by parents supporting academics at home, we can create an optimal learning experience for each student throughout the school year.

Let me introduce myself! I graduated from the University of North Dakota in May of 2008 with a B.A. in Elementary Education. That fall I began my career at Jefferson Elementary in Fargo as the YMCA before and after school program coordinator.  While in this position, we had our beautiful daughter, Emma!

In 2009, I accepted a traveling position between Lincoln Elementary and Bennett Elementary in Fargo as an English Language Learners teacher. In 2010, I made the move over to Westside Elementary and was the English Language Learner teacher here for the past two years.  I am very excited to begin a new adventure in 3rd grade with a great team of teachers!

I've been fortunate to work with great families and staff, and have gained a wealth of knowledge through my work on the district's Report Card Committee and completing a M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction from Minnesota State University-Moorhead in 2010.

My husband Elliot and I met in Grand Forks and were married shortly after graduation. Elliot owns an up-and-coming construction business –Steinbrink Construction. He is also a project manager for Holly & Company Classic Homes. We have been blessed with our daughter Emma, who is currently 3 1/2. Our family is expanding—with another little girl early this winter!  Our family loves to be outside running around our neighborhood, doing projects around our house, trying new recipes, and reading books. Emma knows just as much, if not more about tools than I do as she loves doing projects with daddy. I love to organize and decorate my home, do different craft and sewing projects and search Pinterest for new ideas!

Some of my favorite things are Starbucks, fruit smoothies, fabric and books.

I look forward to working with you!!



Mrs. Steinbrink

No comments:

Post a Comment